Introduction To Facebook Marketing in SMM
Facebook marketing is a platform that provides a variety of highly targeted paid advertisements and organic posts. It allows brands to put their products and services in front of a considerable audience.
Facebook has shifted social media marketing on the internet into one of the gigantic marketplaces. Marketing in Facebook needs consistent and long-term commitment.
Over a decade, Facebook has developed into a place for a niche to market itself through communication with consumers and boasting.
“Every niche needs a Facebook reach”
Benefits Of Facebook Marketing:
- Facebook has approximately 1.5 billion daily active users, which is probably 20% of the world population. People spend most of their time on Facebook.
- Marketing on Facebook is considered the most targeted form of advertising.
- It is one of the cheapest forms of advertising.
- Facebook has more audience so that advertising will reach faster.
- It helps in increasing brand awareness quickly.
- Helps in increases website traffic/ blog traffic and also increases your SEO rankings.
- Marketing through Facebook increases revenue, sales, and leads
- Facebook advertising can lower your cost per acquisition
- Facebook Marketing can make off-line sales.
- Marketing through Facebook will be budget-friendly; you can set your budget
Formats of Facebook Marketing:
“Facebook Marketing involves your goals and Facebook format describes how your ad appears creatively”
The Format of your advertising depends on your advertising objective. Each format has different specifications, uses, and best practices.
- Dynamic Product Ads
- Carousel ads
- Instant Experience
- Link Click Ads
- Boosted Page Posts
- Facebook Lead Ads
- Canvas Ads
- Event Ads
- Offer Claims
- Messenger Ads
The main objective of Facebook marketing involves Brand Awareness, Local Awareness, Reach, Traffic, App Installs, Engagement, Video Views, Lead Generation, and Conversions.
Effective Facebook Marketing Strategy:
“Before entering into the marketing, you need to build up a strategy, that helps you clearly to establish your goals, choose the best practices to reach them, identifies your target audience, etc.”
The Following provides the outline of developing a Facebook marketing strategy that can be applied to any business.
1. Set your goals
2. Identify your target audience
3. Choose content formats and schedule posts
4. Boost your post with Facebook Ads
5. Use Facebook tools effectively
6. Measure your Results
Create Facebook Page for your business:
- Login to a Facebook account and create your new business page.
- Then Choose your page type: Business/brand or Community/public figure
- Enter your business details.
Creating a Facebook Business Page makes it easier for people to notice and interact with your brand.
Know how the Facebook Marketing algorithm works:
Facebook provides more direct control to an audience over what they see, which has significant impacts on the Facebook algorithm.
Few tips for working with the Facebook algorithm:
- Start conversations that get people talking to each other.
- Post when your audience is online
- Never post content that will get you down-ranked
- Post-high-quality videos
- Post often and consistently
- Influence Facebook Groups
- Support your organic wins
- Make your followers prioritize your content in their newsfeeds
Facebook post types:
After creating your Facebook Page, you need to decide about what content to post and how to post it effectively, to reach your audience.
There are different post types like text post, video post, image post, Facebook Stories, Pinned post, etc., which helps you to engage with your audience.
You can measure the followings through Facebook Insights (a built-in audience engagement tracking) such as
- Likes for your posts
- Page view
- Post Reach
- Page followers
- Actions on Page
- Page Previews
- Story reach
- Post Engagement (clicked, shared, or commented)
- Orders, etc.
These things will help you determine which post types work the best for your Page. You have to track and evaluate the performances, in-order to see what worked the best and what didn’t.
Based on the tracking you may able to improve your strategy in the future.
Role of Ads in Facebook Marketing:
The 3 types of Facebook ads with different purposes are designed to target a different stage in the sales channel. They are;
- Consideration and
- Awareness Ads include Brand Awareness, Local Awareness, Reach.
- Consideration ads include Website traffic, Engagement, Lead Generation, etc,
- Conversion Ads include Store Visits, Product Catalog Sales, conversions.
It is one of the most used messaging apps. Many people use to connect with customers worldwide through this messenger.
Statistics say that business people exchange more than 20 billion messages approximately on Messenger.
Benefits of the messenger in Facebook Marketing:
- Helps to provide quality customer service
- Creates trust in your brand
- Generate high-quality leads
- Increase intent to purchase
- Take sensitive topics private
Build a community:
Build a community for your niche that can help you to reach your target audience more consistently. Make Use of your Facebook groups to build your community.
“Facebook page focuses on company/ business; whereas Facebook Group focuses on the community”
Follow the below tips for building an effective community:
- Choose the right name
- Determine the right security level
- Promote your group to get new members
- Ask questions before accepting members
- Post group rules
- Welcome new members
- Provide real value
- Start discussions, but don’t dominate them
- Be responsive
- Monitor posts and get rid of spam
Facebook Marketing Tips
You can increase your Facebook reach by Promoting Your Page, Your Website through Customers and Email Contacts, Additional Social Media Channels, etc.
1. The first thing to consider is to choose the best timing
2. Promote your Facebook page on other channels
3. Use a relevant URL for your page
4. Add a CTA button
5. Support customers via a Facebook Messenger bot
6. Use a Facebook pixel
7. Create lookalike audiences
With these tips, you can create an effective Facebook marketing strategy.
- Establish goals and measures for marketing efforts through Facebook, and evaluate success.
- It is worth spending time creating a Business Page on Facebook and taking the time to engage with it.
- You will probably miss a vast portion of your audience if you are not influencing the benefits of Facebook Marketing.
- Hope this article will help to grow your audience, engage more, and increase your revenue.
- If you are looking to grow your influence via Digital marketing? We are here to help you.