SEARCH ENGINE RANKING – FACTORS INFLUENCING
The dream of every online marketer is to rank their website in search engines. There are many factors that decide and these are the fundamentals to follow. These factors keep your website more engaging and increase productivity to both you and the user.
The main reason why you struggle to rank on the first page is to get more conversion rates and boost your business. As you should have gone through our previous topic on How does Google search engine works? We have ensured the process of crawling, indexing, and ranking in SERP.
FACTORS – SEARCH ENGINE RANKING:
- The content of the article or website should be 100% relevant to the keyword which searchers use.
- The keyword should be well articulated in your Title and meta description.
- The SE tends to rank the highly relevant websites or blog on the first page
- This brings the searchers organically. The customers who come to your page organically are the potential customers and the conversion rate will be high.
- The target audience should be well focused on your title and meta description. Example, Best hotels in Delhi.
CONTENT OF THE PAGE:
- The content of the page holds a maximum share of ranking.
- Most often search engines like google, yahoo, bing, and Ask look for fresh content.
- The contents should be of converting the niche into potential searchers.
- It has to be rich in quality more than quantity. The minimum words should be around 450 for any page or article.
- The content should be 100% unique. There should be no plagiarism.
- There should not be any keyword stuffing. The keyword density should be a maximum of 2% on the total number of words.
TECHNICAL ROBUSTNESS OF THE WEBSITE:
- There should not be any coding errors which will lead to low ranking possibility.
- Page loading speed should be very high. The loading speed should be less than 3 seconds, this will attract google to increase the ranking.
- There should be ease of navigations between every page on the website.
- Using compressed images.
- Having a user-friendly layout, fonts, perfect headings on the page with focusing keywords.
- Increasing engagements and inbound links in the post, so this will reduce the bounce rate, increase time on site, and increases page views.
- The most important factor to increase the ranking on search engines is by building a mobile-friendly website.
- Almost 70% of the user will be routed through mobile phones.
- It is our duty to check the friendliness of our site in mobiles and, loading speed of the site on mobile.
- Before launching a site, always check how the site is mobile-friendly. You can use Google search console to test the mobile-friendly test.
SECURITY & PRIVACY:
- It is your duty to maintain the privacy of your user’s data.
- It is always advisable to have HTTPS protection on your site. Very often the site will be under HTTP.
- To secure your site, buy an SSL certificate and your site will change to HTTPS.
- Security (HTTPS) helps your site to increase search engine ranking.
TOOLS TO INCREASE SEARCH ENGINE RANKING:
- PLAGIARISM CHECKER – This tool is used to check the quality of content in terms of plagiarism
- GRAMMAR CHECKER – Grammar checker is to correct grammatical mistakes.
- SITE AUDIT TOOL – Ubersuggest is a free tool to audit the errors and fixing solutions on site.
- PAGE INSIGHT TOOL – To check the page speed.
- CODING ACCURACY TOOL – To check any error in the coding and to rectify them.
- MOBILE FRIENDLINESS TOOL – To check whether the site/page is mobile-friendly
- TRAFFIC / RANKING TOOL – To check our site’s rank in the global and local country we are focusing
KEY TAKEAWAYS – SEARCH ENGINE RANKINGS:
- Search engine ranking makes our site/pages located on the first page of SERP.
- There are many factors that determine the ranking of the page.
- Content of the page, relevance, mobile-friendliness, Technical robustness, and Security are the main factors involved in ranking.
- Use the above-mentioned tools to validate and make your site rank on the first page of SERP.