How Does Google Search Engine Work
How Does Google Search Engine Work
There are many search engine (SE) available in the world, in which Google serves as the most preferred one. Previously we have learned about Introduction to digital marketing.
Here we will be learning through the importance and working structure of google search engine.
SE plays a vital role in helping the searcher to find the perfect information, product, and services. The searcher uses a phrase word, normally known as a keyword. The SE takes the keyword as the reference and provides the most relevant page to the user.
- It connects the searcher with the relevant information or products
- Also, connects the company or marketing agency with the right and potential customer.
Workflow of Search Engine
The SE generally works with three processes which helps the searcher to get the relevant page. They are
These processes are carried and viewed by Google search console. Google search console is used for the inception of URL and indexing.
- Google uses a special type of machine known as a ‘bot’ for crawling.
- Crawling means identifying all the relevant pages that the searcher looks for.
- The bot is also known as a web spider. This is useful to crawl the number of pages available on google with relevant to the keyword.
- It makes the directory of all the pages which match the keyphrases.
- Crawling gets all the data from google and stores in their server. The information about the website is shared from a sitemap.
- In current times, google take only one day to crawl all the pages on the website.
- Indexing is the process by which makes all the relevant pages to numbering and not ordering.
- Google SE index all the pages which have the keyword of the searcher.
- Indexing is also known as the database of the search result.
- The indexing is done on a few parameters. Current details, locations, page authority, quality of content, etc.
- These are helpful to make a useful database to rank for the searcher.
- Google gets multiple results for a keyword searched by the user and ranking helps to prioritized.
- The most relevant page is ranked on the first page of the SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
- Relevancy is the most important parameter and it is measured by page authority and referring links to the website.
- The links from other websites directing to your website will increase your page authority and will boost in the first page of the SERP
- Every website tries to make its position on the first page of SERP.
- Data reveals that 90% of the searcher doesn’t go beyond the first page and 60% of the searchers only choose the top three websites in the first page
- Like indexing, the factors determine the ranking are quality of content, page authority, technical robustness, and ease of navigation.
Page Authority and Domain Authority
- Both Page authority and domain authority plays a very important role in ranking a page in SERP.
- Page authority works by counting the number of quality links referring to a website. This establishes the importance of the website for the desired niche and keyword.
- Domain authority is the average of page authority of all pages.
- Google search engine is one of the largest used SERPs and this brings the right customers and consumers in a single line.
- The search engine has three main processes crawling, indexing, and ranking.
- Relevant content, page authority, and ease of navigation are the main source for ranking in SERP.
- All the websites have a competition to reach the first page of the search engine result page.