Introduction to Search Engine Optimization
Introduction to Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization is the process of ranking your website in the search engine for a specific keyword. The keywords are the phrases that your customers search for. SEO brings your customers organically.
SEO is all about demonstrating what people are searching for, the niche they look for, the information they need, and also demographics.
Importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- SEO helps us to find out the customer who is looking for our niche.
- SEO helps to drive organic traffic to your site. Organic means traffic comes for free, without any paid advertisements.
- You can reach towards the perfect targeted audience with the right intent.
- It helps in building your brand awareness.
- It helps to achieve more conversion rates as it targets the right clients.
- SEO is the special marketing tool in which there is no investment in advertisement and deals with the potential of the niche.
- Almost 90% of the searchers won’t move to the second page of SERP.
- 60% of the people stick with the first three posts of the first page.
- 31% of people refer only to the first result of the first page.
How to Work with Search Engine Optimization
- The foremost important is, knowing your audience’s needs.
- Delivering in the way that search engines can deliver it to your customers.
- SEO is the responsible tool to bring your website in the top three posts of the first page.
- Regular blogging on the relevant topic of your website will bring organic traffic.
- Quality content with perfect keywords parked in the title, description, and alt text.
- SEO works closely on auditing your site and check whether your website is dynamic or static. A dynamic site automatically fetches the traffic by google.
- More than quantity, the quality is what a search engine looks for.
Types of Search Engine Optimization:
There are two types of SEO.
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
On-page SEO is what you do with your own website or blog. It is completely responsible for
- Keyword Research
- Quality Content
- Technical SEO
The keyword is simply termed as the phrases which the searcher uses in the search engine. The keyword phrases contain the niche of the site or post we built upon.
A keyword can be a single word or a tail of words with multiple keywords within. They are the center of on-page SEO, which directs to the searcher’s need.
Types of Keywords
- Based on the Lenght : Long-tail keywords, Mid-tail Keywords, Short-tail keywords.
- Based on Intent : Transactional Keywords, Specific Information Keywords, Generic Information Keywords, Navigational Keywords.
Keyword Research Tools
There are many paid keyword research tools. One of the largest used, effective, and free keyword research tools is Uber Suggest.
Uber Suggest has recently launched its chrome extension 2.0, which has an effective method to describe the search volume while you type the key phrases in search engine of Google.
Keyword Research Methods
- When your website is a baby, the organic traffic will be zero.
- You have to find the high volume keyword related to your niche. More than a high volume keyword, you have to look at search difficulty (SD). If SD is less than 30, the chance of your website to appear on the main result page will be higher.
- Unfortunately, low SD keywords have low search volume. This is the reason, you should choose long-tail keywords that contain more low SD keywords.
- When the website has seen some organic visitors, then use Google Search Console to identify which keyword is bringing your site as landing page.
- There otherways of searching keywords are Google trends and data from Google Ads search terms.
The quality of contents are measured by,
- How relevant the content and site is for the searcher.
- Keywords volume and well place in contents.
- Title, Meta descriptions, and all headings containing keywords weightage.
- No Keyword stuffing – focused key phrases found less than 2% of the total content
- mage with perfect Alt text and alt text should contain the focus keywords.
- Content should be unique with perfect readable alignments.
Quality of content shares equals weightage to keyword research in terms on On-page SEO.
- Good page loading speed.
- Complete security and protection of the site with an SSL certificate.
- Ease of navigation, This will make users spend enough time on site and can view more pages.
- Statistics say, 76% of people shift to the next site if your page is loading more than 3 seconds.
- Responsive device functionality in both desktop and mobile.
- Use compressed images, and maintain with no coding errors.
- Having more inbound links which refer to other pages or posts of your website. This keep your visitors to have more time on your site.
- Having an open graph protocol.
- Using a twitter card, and linking all your social media sites to your technical codes.
Off-page SEO is something where the works are done on other sites. This makes other relevant sites to refer to our site.
The main tool of off-page SEO is backlinks. The backlinks are generally termed as d0-follow and no-follow backlinks.
- Do-Follow Backlinks – This link are known as quality links which brings your site as the landing page.
- No-Follow Backlinks – This type of backlinks will never bring back to your site.
There are many types of backlinks. They are directory submissions, social bookmark submissions, Slideshare submissions, article submission, guest blogging, Image submissions, video submissions, answering sites, business listing sites, press release submissions, classified submissions, classified submissions, and blog community.
- In these backlinks, try to submit your link or site URL in do-follow sites.
- More number of link building on the relevant and high domain authority sites will increase your domain authority.
- As domain authority increases. Eventually, lead to high ranking in search engines.
- Large number of relevant backlinks will increase the traffic from those sites. Finally, there will be a better chance to feature in the first page of SERP.
Other Ways of Search Engine Optimization
- You should have all social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook page, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, Reddit, etc.
- You should attract your followers by engaging posts and updating the relevant niche apart from your post.
- Having a Youtube channel is a great way to make your branding quicker to reach the audience.
- Learn some techniques of UI&UX designing, creating infographics, etc for engaging posts.
- Always tag inbound and outbound links, which will make Google rank your site.
- Search engine optimization is the process of attracting relevant customers in an organic way.
- There are two types of SEO. On-Page and Off-Page SEO.
- On-Page SEO concentrates on Keyword research, quality of content, and Technical compatibles.
- Off-Page SEO deals with quality do-follow backlinks and anchor text.
- SEO helps to make your website rank in google search engine.
- SEO helps in a higher conversion rate of your customers and this will boost your business by a minimum of 30%.