EFFECTIVE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STRATEGY
Social media marketing strategy, the most vital part of digital marketing. It is very easy in excel with search engine optimization or social media marketing. The winning formula of any digital marketer is the strategy they form.
Social platforms, becoming effective tools as days go by. You might have noticed all tik tok fames started promoting products through their Instagram page. Although it is affiliate marketing but they uses social platforms.
As a digital marketer, you should be able to make a website to sell products or services to target audience without much out-bound promotions. Wherever selling happens, there lies the Marketing and Sales strategy.
Without a strategy, the business will be like without any legs. So, you can design a plan, but can’t reach the designation without the legs
What is strategy?
The strategy is a process of making our plan, goal, and pathway of achieving goals in the same line. Also, known as the directing parameter which helps you to,
- Analyze the process.
- Timeline reviews.
- Changing a plan to another, if the existing one doesn’t work.
Many companies invest more time and money in strategic planning, strategic partnerships with pioneering strategists in the industry.
Strategy can make your plans very effective and it will be useful on parameters like,
- Failure Mode and Effective Analysis.
- Competitor Analysis and Research.
- Cost Cutting of any process.
- Increase the Return on Investment.
- Mind Mapping processes.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STRATEGY:
As we now clear on the basics of what strategy is? Let us shift towards the key agenda of this article. How to design a strategy for SMM.
Before that strategy is built on many questions like why, how, what, when, where, etc.
In the same way, your strategies should be more optimistic towards,
- What is the goal behind our SMM
- Who is your audience?
- What is the relevant social media platform?
- What is the content your audience is looking for?
- How to promote my brand
- Why should I look for a paid advertisement campaign?
Come let us describe each step one by one.
Strategy 1: Setting SMART Goals:
Smart goals will be popping in every article related to business or marketing. As experts say, you should always start your plans or work with a Goal.
The goal will always warn us of the boundary to travel and brings back to basics to achieve them. The following are the goals for an SMM
- Increasing brand awareness
- Driving organic traffic to the website
- Generate high-quality leads
- Increasing the conversion rate.
- Creating brand engagement
- Building people around your business
- Collecting and sharing more testimonials.
Considering these factors in mind, set your goals. Analyze your process towards the set goals at an appropriate interval. If you have moved away from your goals, come back to basics, and redefine your frameworks.
Strategy 2 – Understanding your audience:
Once you have a clear goal and vision, you should focus on your target audience. Social Media platform offers to reach any post that you share will reach your followers or connection.
Initially, your connections will be the maximum of your friends, relatives, or acquaintances in social media pages. So, you should not stop there, those are only the initial process. As they might hold your audience in their connections.
We have to take complete ownership of analyzing our audience habits like,
- Their likes.
- Which are the post they have shown interest in?
- Are they reaching you in any concern?
- Is anyone checking with you on offers?
So, these are the small hint that you are having an engaging audience. Even for SMM, people will be landing on your page or profile organically.
Have you seen, social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Youtube holds many hashtags. As a digital marketer you will be knowing, they are the targetted keywords.
One of my pages is attracted by many organic visitors who search on the specific trending keywords.
SMM has to be adopted to the current trend. Unlike SEO, SMM should be built on trends (using hashtags) with key messages and links attracting to your website (landing page).
This can be possible only if you understand your audience and their needs. On Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, if your audience is tweeting on any trends, share with them your products or articles which would please them.
Strategy 3 – Choosing Potential Social Media:
There are many social media available globally. Every social media has its own advantage and limitations. It is our role as a digital marketer to choose the best platform for our business.
This is the recent global data of social media user’s shares from top mediums.
You can obviously see, Facebook is leading in front, followed by Instagram. In recent times, the business over Instagram is growing at a peak, which has surpassed LinkedIn and Twitter in recent years
As the subheading states, you have to understand social media usage according to your business.
B2B – LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Gmail
B2C – Instagram, Facebook page, Youtube, snap chat, WhatsApp.
This is how you should segregate the Social Media platforms and optimize your works. Choosing the platform is a vital role on promoting your service or products. Right medium share more rate of conversion.
Strategy 4 – Engaging Audience Regularly:
This is the most important step in optimizing your SMM. Keeping your audience more engaged and landing on your website or Social pages.
- You have to plan a calendar.
- Every day of the week should have a role. Like
- Infographics related to your Niche.
- Sharing your customer’s testimonials.
- Sharing your Post.
- General Quotes.
- Rolling out surveys (or) Quiz with some benefits
- Research data.
- Keep your page very active and respond to each and every comment on your post. May it be positive or negative
- Keep in mind, SMM is also as same as SEO. Slow and steady process, so focus on more engagement and work on the needs of your audience.
- Never go behind people, who sell followers. Like, 1000 followers for Rs. 1000. This not going to work
- The amount of energy and work you put in to keep them connected and to revolve around your website.
Strategy 5 – Brand Awareness:
“Branding” is so important and is been practising for many decades. It’s not an Illusion from corporate side, but pshyologically people fall back to brands.
Brand Awareness was been preaching over TV advertisement, Sponsorships over reality shows, sponsorships towards big sports events, radio ads. This has been the brand awareness tools for many decades in past.
The limitations over these campaigns are, outbound ads, low conversion rate, and few Ads made irritation to subscribers.
In recent time, these brand Campaigns are shifted towards Social Media. Advantages of brand awareness through social media are,
- Targets only the relevant audience.
- Targets the potential Age group.
- You can provide more number of Information everyday.
- You can directly interact with your audience.
- They can clarify and provide suggestion very quickly.
- This makes your audience to share your brands with their colleagues.
Do you something? Many Digital Marketing experts site is driven traffic by the keyword of their brand name.
You can check this using Alexa tool, where you will be able to track the source of Keywords.
It is not SEO, but SMM is more and 90% responsible for brand awareness. The tool to enhance the brand awareness is Ad campaigns, especially Facebook Ads.
Step 6 – Ad Campaigns:
Have you ever noticed in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, where few posts appears with “promoted” tag.
This is the methodology currently used to attract more leads by creating brand awareness.
Facebook Ad has registered a revenue of 21.22 Billion USD by Q3 of 2020, with 1 quarter to spare. In which, the most revenue is shared by High-end Mobiles.
In recent times of last 4 -6 years, the facebood ads are well managed and trafficked for creating brand awareness of many digital marketers. Facebook Ads have become one of their digital marketing tools and making great ROI (Return on Investment).
It is not meant to say, Ads are the only way to create brand awareness. Definetely Not, it one the fastest way to create brand awareness with the relevant audience.
Can you understand the behaviour of your customers or friends? No, you can’t. If so, only 10-20%. But Google, and Facebook has a advanced Artificial Intelligence technology. With AI, these platforms could easily identify the complete details and data of your relevant audience like,
- Time spend in Internet
- Purchase capability through social medium
- Which are the products or services they look for.
- What are their high searches, etc
The above details are only 1% and to make you clear on their algorithm. But officially AI could tract billions of data from an user.
You might wonder, a product which you search in Amazon or Flipkart, will be featuring in your social media pages while you surf. This is the process of AI.
How AI help Google or Facebook in Ad campaigns:
If you have experience in Ad campaigns with facebook, you might be aware of the questions asked by them,
- Title of the Ad
- Description – Where your Niche is highlighted
- Offers if any.
- Targeted Location.
- Targeted Age Group.
- Number of audience you are looking per day to your Page or website
These are the details you will be fetching in. So, the advanced AI perfectly track only those people who are completely relevant to your site or page.
This methodology is proven to be the highest brand awareness material with more conversion rate, which is nearly equals the conversion rate due to SEO.
Strategy 7 – Lead Generation:
This might not be available in our strategy image. It was done specifically, as all the above 6 steps are process. Lead generation is end result of the strategies.
Every strategy meeting or planning has to focus on, what we get back as end result. In same way, in social media marketing strategy the lead generation is the most important step to be focused.
Without looking at result, it is unworthy to spend time on framing an effective strategy.
Lead generation is the process just before conversion. Audience, who are interacting with you on the features or specification of your products in well elaborated way are the leads. In one step ahead, if they enquire about offers, then they are about to purchase your products.
So, your total SMM should focus on lead generation strategies and making conversion rate in high note.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STRATEGY – KEY TAKEAWAYS:
- It is always mandatory to work on strategies before indulging into social media marketing.
- Startegies are like map, which derives a road in connecting your product and relevant audience.
- These 7 strategies are which we follow and we have seen an effective results. The article not a documentary rather, it has been written in a practical note.
- These step will increase your leads and conversion rate.
- Many of our clients have been benefited by Ad campaigns in creating brand awareness.
Do share this content if you like. Comment us, if you need more clarity. Happy Marketing